Friday, April 21, 2006

I have lost control!!

I am no longer in charge in this household. Its important for me to be in charge of schedules because they are quite busy and there is so much to do. But, apparantly, I am no longer in charge.

Emma has been in her bed for at least 45 minutes. She should be asleep. I have already done the obligatory "go back in and lay her down" that she has worked into her routine. Alas, its been another 15 minutes and I still hear her talking and laughing.

Guess what happens when Emma doesn't go to sleep during nap time - the rest of the day is nuts. She will either a) go to sleep and the sleep so long that that bedtime is messed up; or b) not go to sleep, resulting in a very tired baby about 5pm.

So, I go upstairs again to tell Emma that I am in charge and I command her to go to sleep!! Think it'll work?

I had to edit and add to this post - as I pushed the "Publish" button, I hear her actually KNOCKING on her wall because she knows I can hear it - is she 14 months or 14 years old?

2 comments:

darls said...

Lol... hope you have regained the control of your household by now?

Am waiting for my 14months old son Ari to try and yank the controls at this house!

Thanks for the timely reminder...

Pamela Lynn ~ flutterby7 said...

Lol... she's just testing her boundaries... don't let her know she's getting to you.