Saturday, November 22, 2008

I've done my part to stimulate the economy!

I went shopping for Christmas presents today.

I have to tell you, I'm surprised at how expensive and BIG everything is. You can't just get a "small set of Tinkertoys", it has to be the "Super Size themed with colors" Tinkertoys - and price tag to go along with it.

And the electronics are all just expensive. Since kids are "engaged" with electronics earlier in their lives, its more years of electronics we have to deal with.

I even did my part to help the credit markets - I got a new credit card. Approved on the spot. I got a ToysRUs credit card that got me 10% off my purchases today (which I can say was NOT insignificant) and 6 months, no interest to pay. Since we are well disciplined in paying bills and don't pay interest or penalties on any of our credit cards, this is a safe approach for us to take and it spreads out our Christmas payments until June!

Have you done your part?

2 comments:

Jacque said...

We gave on Wall Street.

The Stopper Family said...

Yeah, we gave there too!