Friday, November 21, 2008

Good diabetes news!

Emma had her quarterly checkup yesterday. For many people, this is the only contact they have with their endocrinologist practice. For me, that is not the case (not withstanding the fact that I saw our nurse and Dr. at the JDRF Gala on Saturday). I email the nurse pretty often when we have trends that I can't figure out and need another set of eyes. She's really good at not just telling me what we should change, but WHY so that I can try and understand and make the change myself in the future.

The good news is that all of our discipline pays off - our A1C is 7.0%. We are all pretty happy with that for a couple of reasons. In general, its a great number for a 3-year-old. It equates to an average 170 blood glucose reading over the past 3 months. We've been seeing some lows that I don't like but the doctor is convinced that we aren't missing them, or our A1C would be lower. The other reason we are happy is because its down a smidgen from our previous one (7.1%). Every little bit helps. We've been working on her rates a lot and I was worried it would be a lot higher, so we're happy.

Everything else looks great and I always like going to these appointments!!

And, because I hadn't shared before - here is a photo of Mike and me from the JDRF Gala in DC this past Saturday:

2 comments:

CloverGirl said...

You two look great!!

And now I can see where Samantha gets her height!!

Anonymous said...

I love your dress! Let us know if you decide to ebay it!