I've been remiss in posting in quite a while.
I'm sure my mother knows why - Our May schedule is about to be the death of us.
Here's a short synopsis of the past month:
- Michael earned his next belt in Tae Kwon Do; he's now a Green Stripe
- Both kids finished up their soccer season
- Samantha broke her wrist in her final soccer game and is in a bright pink cast until the end of June!
- Samantha's soccer team played in a tournament this past weekend and finished as "co-champions" in their division. Samantha watched from the sidelines :(. The final two teams were definitely evenly matched, but they decided NOT to go to extra time to determine the winner, as each team had already played a previous game that day and the temperature was in excess of 95 degrees!
- Michael's baseball team finished the season in 4th place and won their first playoff game - the next one is tonight (let's hope for the scheduled thunderstorms to come through and postpone the game and cool down the temperature)
- We spent Memorial Day weekend at the lake with my parents - photos to follow
- Emma had her quarterly checkup with her endocrinologist and her average blood glucose level came down a LOT! We're thrilled
- We participated in our 2nd JDRF Walk on June 1st. Together Mike and I raised over $4100!
- We had baby birds frequent our nest for the 2nd year in a row, and last week we had two ducks waddling through the front yard in the morning while a bunny rabbit was eating leaves off the flowers near the mailbox!