Friday, April 18, 2008

Not broken!

I guess it was just a matter of time. We've made it all these years with no serious injuries from sports. We have quite a few years left to go, so I'm prepared for the injuries to come.

Michael hurt his big toe at Tae Kwon Do yesterday. He "stubbed" it on the mat while they were playing soccer at the end of class. Mike picked him up and took him to soccer, so I didn't see it until later.

When I looked at it this morning, I was convinced it was broken. It had all the teltale signs of a break - two dark purple lines across the toe that looked like break points, and swelling and bruising spreading into his foot from his toe.

But, the x-ray that was taken today showed no breaks. So, its just jammed, sprained, or dislocated. But he can't run, and he walks with a limp.

Luckily, he doesn't have a soccer game tomorrow, as that is a lot of running. He will probably have to sit and watch his baseball game tomorrow since he can't run.

But, it was just a matter of time before we started dealing with the injuries.

2 comments:

zebrafeet said...

hairline breaks of toes can take a few days to show up....i hope he is ok. i broke my big toe when we were in college and i didn't know it for a few days (and ignored it). it is a total ouch.

Anonymous said...

Shoulda told me today - I would have given you some arnica for it. Hope his foot's feeling better soon!