Thursday, August 07, 2008

The family sharing really needs to stop!

I blogged after Christmas how my sister-in-law broke the "no gifts" rule and gave me a Christmas gift - her cold.

Well, now my mother has done the same thing.

We went down to visit my parents while my sister and her kids were visiting last week. Early on in the week, my mother complained that her throat was scratchy and perhaps her glands were swollen.

It didn't really materialize beyond that.

A couple of days later, my dad had the same complaint.

As far as I know, it didn't really materialize beyond that.

Near the end of Monday, my throat started feeling scratchy. I figured it was the same as Mom and Dad, and it would be scratchy for a little and then be over.

3 days later, I'm still suffering from this head cold.

I wake up with earaches and a sore throat from all the draining. My nose is running all the time, despite the Claritin and Sudafed that I've been taking. And of course I'm sleeping horribly as a result.

We really need to stop sharing these germs!

No comments: