Sunday, November 12, 2006

Almost Heaven!

To give you a little background on this post, I wanted to tell you about something I did in college. On a typical Sunday afternoon, after spending the weekend visiting one of many places, I would settle in to do homework or study for the following week. I would often go to the library and check out the Star Wars trilogy (the original one, this was 1990 and 1991 after all). I would put these three movies in the VCR, in succession, as background noise when I studied. It worked well - I seemed to need the background noise and since it was something I was familiar with, I wasn't distracted actually trying to pay attention to the movie. I did this MANY, MANY Sundays!

Anyway, this past weekend, the Cinemax movie channel has been running a Star Wars Marathon - all 6 movies in order. Over and Over. All Weekend. It started Friday and its going until early tomorrow morning. And, since we actually get an east coast AND a west coast feed, I actually have the movies on two different channels - so I can switch back and forth based on which scenes in which movie I'm interested in seeing. So, its been like heaven here. You'd think after 3 or 4 times listening to the movies, I'd be tired of them, but no. I have washed and folded laundry, I have napped, I have planned the lessons for the next two weeks, played with Emma and done any number of things, all with one of the six Star Wars movies as background!

No comments: