Saturday, October 28, 2006

Woo Hoo - a maid!

Many people had told me that the one thing that would "go South" when you start homeschooling is your house. I actually had a good maintenance routine to keep the house picked up and somewhat clean. That was BEFORE we started our lessons.

Between taking good portions of our day with school lessons, and having a mobile toddler around the house who is into EVERYTHING, the house has steadily gone south. And I just haven't been able to get back into a good routine to get it done. I'm actually doing laundry tonight and I had prided myself on the fact I hadn't done laundry on the weekend in quite a few years.

But here I am.

So, Mike said it was ok to call a cleaning service to come in a do a "one time" cleaning. We'll get everything PICKED UP for them (which will be a good accomplishment in and of itself) and then they will do a good vacuuming, dusting, mopping and cleaning. I feel like maybe if someone helps me get "caught up", then maybe I can keep it up myself. So we'll give it a try.

Boy, it will be nice to have a clean house for at least a day!

No comments: