Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Spring Fever

I don't envy public school teachers right now! I only have 2 kids (and one adult!) that have Spring Fever. They have a classroom full! It has finally gotten warm here and the motivation to get any work done is just going out the window.

I do have some things I'd like to finish up before the middle of June - which is a LONG SIX WEEKS away. I can remember growing up when the end of the year felt so far away. It does for me right now. But the "box checker" type-A personality in me won't let us just NOT finish what we are scheduled to do this year. Besides, I still have to do testing yet and send that in to the county. That has to be submitted by August 1st but I'm not one to put that off to the last minute. I have the test scheduled for the first week in June knowing that it takes about 2 weeks for the results to be returned. I scheduled it that late in case we have trouble completing ANYTHING after that - because we will be close enough that I might feel ok "declaring victory" and being done with our year!

But, for today, we are enjoying the sunny, warm weather outside!

No comments: