Monday, September 11, 2006

Nap struggles - and a sign of things to come

Unlike Samantha and Michael, Emma is NOT a good napper. I can put her in the bed when she is CLEARLY tired, but she will lay there for a long time, singing, laughing, playing, and NOT sleeping. That's fine if she doesn't want to sleep all the time, because sometimes resting in her bed is all that I need to get some schoolwork done.

But she is clearly going to be a handful.

I have been into her room TWICE this afternoon since putting her down. Each time I open the door, she DIVES onto the bed from her standing up position. She is trying to make me think she has been laying there sweetly the entire time when I KNOW that just seconds ago, she was standing up playing in her bed.

18 months and she is already trying to be elusive. How will she be at 18 years?

No comments: